Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend at the Beach

I LOVE the beach and when we went back in June Miss V was just 3 months old and William HATED the sand. This time around Virginia was 6 months and sitting up. I also spent the last three months trying to get William to like sand and walking barefoot. He has played in his sand table almost every day and regularly walks around the backyard barefoot. For a couple of days leading up to our trip I talked with William about the beach and what we would do when we got there. He was so excited. In fact I would say he was just about as excited as me and that’s saying a lot! For the 5 hour drive he kept asking if we were at the beach yet. When we finally got to our hotel he was so excited and could not wait to get down to the water. He RAN down the boardwalk screaming “the beach!” and then he stopped. He got to the stairs and stopped and said “I sit.”

DSC_0033

DSC_0041DSC_0097DSC_0112DSC_0122

So he didn’t like the beach as much as I had hoped but he did warm up to it a little and by Saturday afternoon he was venturing off the blanket to find seashells. There were thousands of them!

DSC_0119

DSC_0129DSC_0133DSC_0137DSC_0136DSC_0140DSC_0142

The hotel had an awesome pool!

DSC_0007DSC_0018DSC_0021DSC_0022DSC_0032

Virginia loved the pool too but I failed to get any pictures of her in it. Here she is playing with her daddy in the shade.

DSC_0167

Solids are going so much better now that I have started “Baby Led Weaning” with Virginia. This weekend I steamed some broccoli for her and she LOVED it. She enjoyed the carrots too but not near as much as the broccoli. 

DSC_0048DSC_0053DSC_0056DSC_0060DSC_0062

She still doesn’t actually take any bites. She gnaws and sucks on the food. Occasionally she bites off a piece with her gum but her tongue thrust reflux pushes it right on out of her mouth.

Watching a beautiful sunset over Pensacola beach…

DSC_0068DSC_0069

DSC_0076

DSC_0079

William slept in a big bed while we were at the beach. His naps were shorter and Ryan had to sleep in the bed with him for half the night. So for now we will keep the crib. He doesn’t seem to care that he is in a crib at home and doesn’t try to get out of it.

DSC_0158

DSC_0192DSC_0195DSC_0204DSC_0210DSC_0219

We went to the pier on Sunday morning. I had hoped to get some good pictures of the kiddos and our family but it didn’t work out. It was hot, we were hungry, and there were fishermen and fish guts everywhere. We walked down the pier and watched the fishermen and then headed off to get some breakfast.

DSC_0234DSC_0236DSC_0237DSC_0253DSC_0262DSC_0276

And just in case there was any doubt that I was actually on this vacation, here is a picture of me and my sweet baby girl! 

DSC_0293

We had a great trip and can’t wait to go back!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Fantastic photos, Anna! Virginia is TOO adorable (those bonnets...I can't even!!) and William is such a big boy. And I'm so jealous of your vacation - I'm dying to dig my toes into some beautiful, white Florida sand! xx

Anita Kay said...

Could Virginia's sunhats BE any cuter?? :)