Monday, December 12, 2011

Chattanooga Choo Choo

Last weekend we went to visit our good friends The Groves. On our way there we stopped at the Chattanooga Choo Choo to have some lunch, see the model trains, and see the “BIG” trains. I think William could have watched the model trains for hours. He was so excited!

DSC_1217DSC_1219DSC_1228DSC_1231

DSC_1239

DSC_1255DSC_1256DSC_1259

While were were sad to leave Chattanooga we were thrilled to see the Groves! We stayed in the cutest cabin that their friends own.

DSC_1262

After breakfast Saturday morning we headed off to the train depot to see Santa.

Charlie and William with their daddies in December 2011

DSC_1266

William and Charlie in May 2009 with their daddies

It has been so fun to watch Charlie and William over the last (almost) 3 years and I can’t wait to see these two girls grow up together. I just wish we got to see them more. We will have to work on that.

DSC_1269

Elmo was also at the Train Depot. Charlie was excited to see him. William kept a pretty good distance between him and Elmo.

DSC_1276

Then William spotted the trains and forgot all about that big red monster Smile 

DSC_1293DSC_1297DSC_1305

(William and Charlie May 2009)

I LOVE small towns…

DSC_1309DSC_1310

More model trains…

DSC_1311

William would not go near Santa…Virginia didn’t have a choice.

DSC_1343

DSC_1351DSC_1357DSC_1369DSC_1376DSC_1397DSC_1402

I promise we didn’t match them on purpose. We both happened to pack similar outfits for the boys for the weekend.

Picnic and playing in the park…

DSC_0004DSC_0028

After all the kiddos took naps and Julie and I did a little shopping we headed back to the farm with just enough sunlight for a quick photo shoot.

DSC_0074DSC_0086DSC_0089DSC_0094DSC_0116

I have more but I am saving a few for the Christmas card Smile

DSC_0152

The boys refused to put their sticks down for the pictures.

DSC_0205DSC_0211

DSC_0219DSC_0230DSC_0238

The girls sharing their breakfast and sweet little Addy cleaning up after them Smile 

DSC_0252DSC_0258DSC_0267

It was a little windy in TN last weekend…

DSC_0282

DSC_0293DSC_0296DSC_0309DSC_0322

Of the hundreds of pictures I took last weekend I failed to get one of me and Julie!!! We had a wonderful weekend and can’t wait to see you guys again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw I love this recap! And why in the world didn't we get a picture together?! I guess we'll just have to see each other again soon! Love you friend