So last week I decided it was time to give potty training a try. I had done my research and decided that we were going to try the three day potty training boot camp. I gathered supplies -big boy underwear, 20 pairs of them, a potty seat, lots of juice, m&m’s for rewards, and lots of activities to fill up our three days that we wouldn’t be leaving the house. Thursday morning we traded in the diapers for big boy underwear and didn’t look back (except at naptime and bedtime)!
While it looks like we made lots of wardrobe changes it was mostly due to William wanting to try on all of his new big boy underwear. He caught on quickly to the potty training. We started at 9:00 Thursday morning and by 11:30 he had caught on and was running to the potty when he needed to go. I am sure he got sick of me reminding him to tell me if he had to go potty. Today (day 4) I hardly had to remind him. He was going all by himself. We cleaned up a few puddles but all in all I would say it was a success! Our biggest challenge has been pooping in the potty. He went the first day and hasn’t gone since then. Why is it that so many kids are scared to poop in the potty? I just don’t get it. I chickened out at naptime and bedtime and put a pull-up on him. I was going to try and train during sleep times too but I just wasn’t ready to give up any sleep and I really am not ready to move him to a big boy bed just yet. I can’t believe my buddy is getting so big!
We are so proud of you William!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment