Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

I thought we were going to get through October without visiting the pumpkin patch but after hearing others talk about and reading about it in some of our books William asked when we were going to the pumpkin patch. So, the day before Halloween I woke the kids up early from their nap and told them we were headed to the pumpkin patch. Let’s just say I did not get the reaction I was hoping for. William threw an all out fit on his floor and did not want to go and Virginia just wanted to go back to sleep. Ryan had already left work and was meeting us and they were already up and the chances of them going back to sleep were slim so I dragged two sleepy, whiney kids out the door and we left. Once we were on the road they were fine and were very excited when we got on the hayride to go get a pumpkin. We went to the Grand Ole Pumpkin Patch in Cullman and at 3:30 on a Tuesday we were one of maybe 5 families there which was really nice. We rode the hayride, picked up a pumpkin,  rode a tractor train, played in the tee pees, and visited the petting zoo. We topped it all off with dinner at McDonalds.

DSC_0718DSC_0723DSC_0741DSC_0743DSC_0747DSC_0753DSC_0754DSC_0755DSC_0759DSC_0771

DSC_0773DSC_0784DSC_0789

DSC_0795

DSC_0816

DSC_0824DSC_0830DSC_0837DSC_0838DSC_0842

DSC_0855DSC_0860

DSC_0889DSC_0890

No comments: