I cannot believe that he is 2 1/2!!! His vocabulary exploded overnight. We are amazed every day at the things he says. He is sleeping well (11 1/2-12 hours at night) He was waking up at night for a while but I think we are past that. Last week I noticed his two year molars were almost in so I think that might have been the reason for waking up. He naps from 1-4. He loves Virginia and can’t wait for the day that she can run around and play with him. He is an amazing little boy and rarely gets in trouble although we do have days where he visits time-out a couple of times, usually for throwing things. I have also started to realize that those days are also usually days where I am either really tired or giving more attention to things other than him. I am probably the one who needs the time-out. Time out is also not something he really cares about. If you ask him if he wants to go to time out he usually answers yes. I used to put him in his crib and close the door. He likes to play in his bed so that wasn’t working. He also is very easy to put to bed and I didn’t want him associating being in trouble with going to bed. I now put him on a small stool in a corner. He almost always puts things away when we ask him to and is great at sharing. If he gets himself a juice, he will also get one for everyone in the room.
William can count to 10 and occasionally will keep going until about 15 and can somewhat make it to 20 skipping a few numbers. He knows a lot of shapes but is very confused by colors. He is familiar with most letters in the alphabet but can’t identify any letters except maybe the W. He sings a lot of songs.
He is still not a great eater. The only meat he eats is bacon and occasionally a chicken nugget if it comes out of a McDonald’s bag. He doesn’t eat veggies and he loves muffins. On Saturday I asked him what he wanted for dinner and he told me he wanted ice cream so I got him ice cream (an M&M Jr. Blizzard from Dairy Queen- Daddy was out of town and I was sick and tired). He took one look and decided he did NOT want that. I think he was really thinking he wanted a popsicle because that is what he gets from the ice cream truck. He has probably had ice cream a total of 3 other times in his life. I literally forced a bite of it into his mouth and he instantly wanted more and has been asking for it everyday ( I have not given in) . If he would just try things I know he would like them! We might have to start holding him down and forcing food in his mouth. I do always serve him a little of what we are eating, making sure there is one thing on his plate that I know he will eat. He usually picks the one item I knew he would eat and leaves the rest.
William’s Favorite Foods: Waffles, bacon, Jammy Sammy (organic packaged peanut butter and jelly sandwich), raisins, cheerios, crackers, yogurt (he calls it yo yo), apple sauce, muffins, buddy fruits (pureed fruit), french fries, and chips.
William’s favorite toys: Trains, Trucks (specifically dump trucks), and Tractors. Little people, blocks and legos, musical instruments, play kitchen (especially when I give him water to cook with), riding toys outside
William also loves tv. He would watch all day if we let him. He usually starts his day with Mickey Mouse clubhouse. His newest favorites are Little Einsteins and Babar.
He is enjoying school more and more. He gets a little upset at home while we get ready to go and again while we sit in the carpool line. But, once his teacher opens the door he is usually okay and ends up having a great day. He always has a smile on his face when I pick him up.
This little guy is hard to catch on camera these days but I have managed to snap a few.
A few weeks ago we celebrated our cousin Daniel’s 5th birthday. He had a fishing party and it was so much fun. It was William’s first time to catch a fish. He was so excited about the idea of fishing and even still excited when he and Ryan put the rod in. He was, however, not excited once the fish was on the hook and pulled out of the water. He didn’t want much to do with it.
He did enjoy PLAYING with all of his cousins (was not a fan of taking pictures with them )
And riding on the boat…
William loves playing outside and LOVES playing with Dora.
When he is not playing with Dora, you can usually find him with a truck or a tractor.
A few pictures of my baby girl who is now 7 1/2 months old!!!
She is getting her first tooth. It is taking forever to come in!
2 comments:
What a great recap! I love hearing about my little buddy. And those are awesome pictures with the grandkids and your parents! Give them both hugs from me.
You're parents look so incredibly happy with all the grandkids : ) what a great pic. I have noticed the same thing with Sage...the days he gets in trouble are usually always when I'm trying or wanting to do something else and get frustrated...he's just being the same ole' Sage...it's my patience that's lacking ....or from the lack of sleep as well!
Post a Comment