Christmas Eve we went to the Children’s service at our church. If my kids had dressed up like Mary and Joseph, or an angel, or sheep like the other children I would have had some cute pictures to share. But, no surprise, neither were interested. William did enjoy watching the children go to the front as the story was read. After church we went home and got busy baking cookies for Santa. I figured it was best that they didn’t wear clothes.
Once the cookies were done, they took a bath, put on their Christmas pajamas, and we read the Night Before Christmas. They put out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and then it was off to bed! Virginia was exhausted and went right to sleep. William was awake for AT LEAST another hour if not more. He was somewhere between scared to death that this Santa guy was coming down the chimney and into the house while he was sleeping and excited that he would leave him lots of presents to open in the morning. Once he fell asleep we had lots of work to do. I was a nervous wreck that William was going to wake up and walk in the den before morning. He was still in his crib last year so we didn’t have to worry about it. Sometime during the night Virginia woke up screaming. I took her some milk in her room but of course she wanted water. I couldn’t walk her through the den or she would see everything and want to play so I had to just let her throw a fit. Ryan came in and said he would get her water but he never came back. At some point I just decided to let her cry it out on her own and I crawled back in bed. Of course the screaming woke William up. Thankfully he called for us to come and get him instead of getting up. Finally everyone settled and we were able to get a little sleep. Of course I woke up before 6am so excited for William and Virginia to find their gifts. I got up, turned on the lights, got my coffee, and still everyone was sleeping. By 6:30 I couldn’t wait any longer so I went in and woke everyone up!
Our tree, Christmas Eve
No comments:
Post a Comment