Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer days driftin’ away…

I was in desperate need of some sun and sand so our family of three packed  up and headed to the beach. We found a great condo last minute in Seagrove that was RIGHT on the beach and one mile from Seaside…perfect!

Day 1: 7 am…on the beach and digging in the sand….a wonderful start to our day. It looks like it was not a very sunny day but no worries-the sun was still rising and we had absolutely beautiful weather.

100_5143100_5144

William didn’t seem to mind the sand much at first. He wasn’t running around and burying himself in it or anything but he did enjoy digging and filling up the buckets.

100_5146

100_5153

100_5158 100_5165

 100_5166

By 8 am he was not so sure about the sand sticking to him and decided he was more comfortable sitting in the chair. So by 9:00 we were biking down to Seaside to get a little bite to eat and then it was back on the beach for the rest of the day!  We were so close to the beach the video monitor worked on the beach so we were able to enjoy a little beach time while William napped.

100_5171

We did take a dip in the pool before heading in for the day. Then it was off to Bud & Alley’s for some delicious dinner and a little live music and frozen yogurt to end the night.

100_5176

100_5181

Day 2: After biking down to Seaside and an excellent breakfast at the Great Southern Cafe (if you haven’t tried it, you should), William took a snooze and we headed out to the beach. Today William would have NOTHING to do with the sand. We put him on the towel with a snack and he didn’t move.

100_5197 It would have been kind of nice but he was whining so after a long walk and a swim in the ocean we headed up to the pool for a quick dip before lunch and naptime.

100_5185 100_5188 100_5194

I came down the beach for SAND and sun so I was determined we were not going to spend our time at the pool and we didn’t. We headed back to the beach and William pretty much just dealt with the sand. He was okay down by the water so we parked it there for the rest of the afternoon.

100_5200 100_5204 100_5212

100_5216

This was the face William made most of the time he was near the sand or the ocean.

100_5218

100_5222

Watching the boats go by with daddy

100_5229

100_5240

I LOVE these pictures. I HATE that I took them in front of the 30 feet of nasty, smelly green seaweed that was in front of our condo on Sunday. It was also full of sea slugs…so gross. The sand and water was absolutely beautiful to the left and the right but I guess I saw him smile while sitting in the sand so I captured the moment as quickly as I could.  100_5241

100_5255

100B5251 100B5254

This weekend William starting telling us to “shhhh.” He must have picked it up at school on Friday because it’s not something we have ever really done at home. It’s pretty cute when he does it now but I guess telling your parents to “shhhh” is not a habit we really want to start.

Day 3: We woke up bright and early to a beautiful sunrise on the beach so at 6:15 I got William dressed and grabbed my camera.

100_5264

This is the view from our patio and little yard that we had….breathtaking :)

100B5266

100_5303 100_5305

100B5287 100B5292  100B5297

So day 3 and he starts to enjoy the sand…but after 10 minutes he was done!

100B5295100B5306   100B5327 100B5320

After a beautiful sunrise on the beach we took one last spin on our bikes, ate a delicious breakfast, had a quick snooze on the bike ride home, and packed our bags and headed for Birmingham.

100_5328 100_5334 100_5336 100_5338 100_5340

What a wonderful way to celebrate the end of a wonderful summer!

1 comment:

TBG said...

great post and pictures!!! he getting to be such a blonde boy!! glad yall had a fun time. it's going to be fun when we can eventually get the boys down to the beach (prob try next summer when they might actually care about sand haha) beautiful pictures--even the seaweed ones, dont worry! :)