Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Food and Flowers


photo
Last night mom’s garden club held a “Food and Flowers” show. Each member had to create an arrangement combining food and flowers. Mom’s arrangement won!! I took the picture today so the lettuce is a little wilted and the dish she made is all gone but you get the idea. The dish she made is called Copper Pennies Carrots and it was placed in the middle of the lettuce in the arrangement. Personally I am not a big fan of carrots but she says it is delicious. Here is a recipe that I found online ('I’m not sure if its the same one she used but it sounds similar). Mom took lots of pictures of all the arrangements and I will be sure to post as soon as I get them from her.
"COPPER PENNY" CARROTS
2 cans cooked carrots, drained
1 onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
1 small can tomato sauce
1/2 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark vinegar
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
dash of black pepper
Place carrots, bell pepper, and onions in bowl. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over vegetables. Refrigerate 24 hours.
The longer it sits the better it is.

No comments:

Blog Archive