Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

We headed to the lake to celebrate Memorial Day weekend. This was our first trip down since last fall. There is so much more that William can do now that he is older. It was also Virginia’s first trip down there.

William loved riding on Daddy’s kayak.

DSC_0001

He did not like wearing wet swimsuits. I can see this being a problem this summer. At least he would keep the swim diaper on.

DSC_0009

William wasn’t really into swimming this weekend as much as he was in to riding on the boats. He did get in the baby pools when Campbell and Cooper stopped by.

DSC_0010DSC_0013

Virginia is a much happier girl these days despite what you see in this picture. She can still cry and cry LOUD and for a LONG time but for the most part she is all smiles. I don’t think she is loving this Alabama heat but she will get used to it soon enough.

DSC_0022

Getting ready for a ride on Daddy’s fast boat.

DSC_0035

Taking some time out of the sun to play with his trains.

DSC_0046DSC_0047DSC_0057DSC_0058

DSC_0067

I absolutely love the late afternoon lighting in our bedroom at the lake and was determined to get some good pictures of William and Virginia in the pajamas on the bed. This was the best I could do. Virginia was ready to eat and go to sleep.

DSC_0079

I tried again the next morning but again it was time for Virginia to go to bed and William

just wanted to jump in all the pillows.

DSC_0200DSC_0202DSC_0203DSC_0207DSC_0210

Virginia’s first boat ride. She screamed for about 3 minutes and then fell fast asleep.

DSC_0091

William’s first time to “tube.” Ryan said he was pretty quiet but seemed to enjoy it.

DSC_0096DSC_0106DSC_0112

DSC_0129DSC_0143DSC_0152

DSC_0178DSC_0180

Playing with Cooper. I could not get both boys to look at me at the same time.

DSC_0184DSC_0190DSC_0193

No comments: