Saturday, May 7, 2011

What’s Blooming?

It’s been so fun to watch everything around the yard start blooming this spring.

First up were the daffodils that were in full bloom when we arrived home from the hospital with Virginia. The daffodils are the only remaining bit of landscape that we left when we moved in besides an azalea bush and the trees.

DSC_0452

Next up were the bridal bushes that line the right side of our yard. My camellia bushes also FINALLLY bloomed this year but I didn’t get any pictures. We planted them three years ago and this was the first time they had bloomed.

DSC_0472

Notice the grass is NOT very green. We had new sod laid last Fall in hopes that this spring we would have a beautiful lawn but no such luck. It’s greening up slowly but not looking good.

My beautiful pink azalea was next to bloom. I really wish they would last longer and this picture really doesn’t capture just how beautiful this azalea really is.

DSC_0471

The week before Easter I got my window boxes planted and this past weekend we planted all the pots on the patio and the deck. I decided to go pink this year in honor my new sweet baby girl!

DSC_0302

DSC_0988

And my perennial garden that I planted last summer is full of blooms and is going to be beautiful this summer!

The endless summer hydrangeas have tons of blooms and the lambs ear is huge. There are also lots of shasta daisy

buds. I can’t wait to have beautiful bouquets all over the house!

DSC_0298DSC_0301

The confederate jasmine that we planted to grow up our chimney has taken off and is in full bloom this week. A little family of birds have even made their home in it!

DSC_0307DSC_0296

Under the jasmine we have two rows of late blooming azaleas that cover the foundation of the house. They are just starting to bloom this weekend….

DSC_0293

The oak leaf hydrangeas and Annabelle hydrangeas are also going to be beautiful. I will add pictures as they start to bloom. I have a few lily of the valley. My mom and I are determined to grow some. I planted six bulbs last year. So far I am counting three plants that are not blooming but I’m not giving up. We are starting a new garden in the backyard this year. It already has hydrangeas but I’m working on adding some more plants as well as planting a rock garden. Of course at the moment I don’t have time to sweep my kitchen floor let alone plant a whole garden so we will see how far we get with that this summer.

No comments: