William had his 2 year check-up yesterday. William is 24 pounds and 33 inches tall. He is in the 25th percentile for both height and weight I think. I was definitely nervous taking both of them to the doctor for shots. I am terrified of shots, even if I am not the one getting them. William was such a big boy and did great. He didn’t even flinch when they pricked his finger. However, he did NOT like wearing the band-aid on his finger and got blood all over his clothes. He was due for three shots since we had missed our 18 month ones because he had a fever that day. The first shot brought no tears but the second two brought screams and tears and even a few extra tears from mommy. He didn’t mind these two band-aids as much. About one hour later and a happy meal he was good as new and outside playing with his buddies!
It didn’t last though. He had a really short nap and we spend the rest of the afternoon playing in his room and cuddling on the couch.
William is trying so hard to put on his own shoes and sometimes his clothes these days. He is pretty good and doesn’t seem to get too frustrated when he can’t get it. He will happily accept some help.
William got a doctor’s kit for his birthday and has loved playing with it the past couple of days. We even took it with us to the doctor. After he saw the doctor using most of the same tools he came home and played with it most of the afternoon.
He uses the beeper like a phone…pretty funny
I was expecting a pretty bad night as William usually runs a fever with his shots. He didn’t get a fever but he was up a good bit of the night but seems to be back to his old self today!
No comments:
Post a Comment